Terms and Conditions
1. Acceptance/agreement of orders
The Item.tv acceptance of orders via the video-based website. All orders received by the Theitem.tv are subject to the following Terms and Conditions for all orders taken at distance through the website or telephone orders. No variation in these terms and conditions will be accepted and the theitem.tv reserves the right to refuse any order without providing a reason or justification.
2. Pricing and payment
All prices shown in at www.theitem.tv are exclusive of Value added tax (Vat); Vat will be applied at the current rate (currently 20% on most orders excluding food stuffs) on all orders or a valid Vat zero-rating form is completed and authorised. Although every effort will be made to advance notice of price increases, the item.tv reserves the right to change prices and adjust invoices accordingly to the price ruling at the date of dispatch. The item.tv also reserve the right to correct any clerical omissions and errors at any time although will be at the discretion of the CEO of Training 2 CARE Group. For Account customers, payment is to be received by the theitem.tv within 30 days from the date of each and every invoice. Variations regarding this will only be authorised by the CEO Training 2 CARE Group. Customers without credit accounts are required to tender full payment with their order via cheque, Visa or MasterCard and debit card. For New Credit Account Customers if the value of your order exceeds £1000 (Excluding Vat) the Theitem.tv reserves the right to request a 50% deposit payment prior to order dispatch. Any credit accounts are subject to status.
3. Provided or requested quotations
A quotation by the theitem.tv shall be valid only for the period stated and if no period is stated, for 30 days from the date of the quotation. A quotation does not constitute a binding contract until theitem.tv has accepted the order in writing or by fulfilling the order.
4. Delivery of items
The theitem.tv will use reasonable endeavours to deliver each of the customers’ orders within the time agreed. Our standard delivery is to either the reception desk and/or ground floor at the stated delivery address. It is the customer’s responsibility to inform the theitem.tv of any difficulties in delivering or specific requirements at the time of placing the order. The theitem.tv cannot accept responsibility for delivery problems resulting from the information supplied by the customer. Delivery is as advertised at time of purchase to all mainland UK on orders excl. VAT. Scottish Highlands and offshore islands may incur additional charges regardless of the order value. Please check that deliveries are correct, undamaged and that the correct number of packages have been delivered before providing a signature, although due to covid-19, a picture may be taken as proof of delivery. Any discrepancy or damage must be notified to Theitem.tv within seven working days. We do not ship to areas outside of the United Kingdom. If you wish to place an order from abroad please contact us before purchasing, to arrange collection or onward delivery yourself. Without contact, your order will be cancelled and any monies paid will be refunded. Please note a small charge for administration can be charged at the discretion of the CEO at Training 2 CARE Group.
*On occasion, there may be delays caused by operational constraints within our organisation or a delivery partner and this may include circumstances beyond our control. During these times we reserve the right to extend the delivery timescales up to 5 working days*.
5. Cancellation and variation of customer orders
The theitem.tv will strive to meet customers’ individual requirements but the theitem.tv shall be under no obligation to accept cancellation or amendment to any order or any part of an order. Where theitem.tv agrees on such cancellation or amendment to an order, it is on the understanding that a cancellation or amendment charge may be applied at the discretion of the CEO Training 2 CARE Group.
6. Warranty and any warranty period
Goods are supplied according to the descriptions and specifications are given on the theitem.tv website. Theitem.tv gives no warranty and makes no representation as to the suitability of any goods for any particular purpose unless expressly given or made in the online description. Where goods are supplied with the benefit of a warranty, the warranty will only continue to apply to provide correct operation, cleaning and handling has been in line with the manufacturer’s guidelines.
7. Retention of title of items
All goods supplied by theitem.tv remain theitem.tv property until such time as payment has cleared for the ordered items and goods. The risk in items and goods sold to the customer shall pass to the customer upon tender for delivery
8. Returning of Items
Items are not supplied on a sale or return basis and the theitem.tv is under no obligation to accept goods for return unless goods prove to be faulty. If goods are accepted for return this is subject to the customer accepting the following procedure and conditions:
- The Customer must notify theitem.tv within 7 working days of receipt of goods, their intention to request a item return
- Items must be returned in their original condition and packaging
- Items will be collected by a courier authorised by the Theitem.tv
- Items authorised and accepted by theitem.tv for credit or return will incur a £10.00 handling charge
- Theitem.tv is bound by the manufacturer's terms and reserves the right to raise a 20%restocking charge at the discretion of the CEO Training 2 CARE Group.
In the event that the customer no longer requires the items, but the items are not defective, theitem.tv reserves the right to refuse the return of the goods at the absolute discretion of the CEO Training 2 CARE Group.
The following category of items will not be accepted for return:
- Items which are single-use or body-worn
- Non-website advertised item lines
- Items ordered to the customer’s specification
- Items damaged due to misuse or unauthorised repair
- Opened/partly used items or where the seals/labels have been removed
- Items damaged by fire, water or smoke
Customers are reminded that it is illegal to send contaminated goods through the post. The theitem.tv reserves the right not to handle items that do not meet specific requirements.
9. Restriction & exclusion of required liability
- The customer must check at the time of delivery that items are correct and undamaged before providing a signature. If any items supplied by the theitem.tv prove on inspection at the time of delivery to be defective in material or manufacture theitem.tv undertakes at its option to replace the same or refund to the customer the price of the defective items. If any items supplied by theitem.tv prove on inspection at the time of delivery to be defective in material or manufacture theitem.tv undertakes at its option to replace the same or refund to the customer the price of the defective items
- Where the theitem.tv is liable to the customer for any loss or damage suffered by the customer in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, the Theitem.tv liability will in no circumstances exceed the cost of replacement of the defective items or the price paid by the Customer for the defective items in question (whichever is lower) Theitem.tv shall not be liable for any loss of profit (whether direct or indirect or consequential), nor any indirect or consequential loss whatsoever suffered by the customer, whether this loss arises from a breach of a duty in contract or in tort or in any other way, without limitation including any such loss arising from the theitem.tv’s negligence
- Theitem.tv shall not be liable for any loss of profit (whether direct or indirect or consequential), nor any indirect or theitem.tv terms and conditions from the 1st July 2019 Page 03 consequential loss whatsoever suffered by the customer, whether this loss arises from a breach of a duty in contract or in tort or in any other way, without limitation including any such loss arising from the theitem.tv’s negligence
- Nothing in these terms and conditions seeks to limit or exclude the theitem.tv’s liability in any way for death or personal injury resulting from the negligence of the theitem.tv or its employees, nor does the theitem.tv seek to limit or exclude liability in circumstances of fraud. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall affect the statutory rights of a person dealing with the theitem.tv as a customer or purchaser.
10. Force Majeure
Theitem.tv shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused by circumstances beyond theitem.tv’s control. Should any such event occur theitem.tv may cancel or suspend this contract without incurring any liability for any loss or damage caused.
11. Proper law
These terms and conditions and the rights and obligations of the parties to the contract shall be governed, interpreted and construed solely in accordance with the laws of England.
12. Colour variations
Our designers take great care when publishing the website; however, the limitations of printing and colour differences may mean a slight variation in the colour shown. Theitem.tv will ask that the customer e mails a colour photo to firstname.lastname@example.org so that full investigation can be made between theitem.tv and the manufacturer. The decision of this investigation will be e mailed to the customer and the decision of the investigation will be final.
Every reasonable care has been taken to ensure that the descriptions are accurate, however, specifications may change as upgrades and batches differ. Sometimes item specifications from the manufacturer may be adjusted. In such instances, we will do our best to offer you an alternative and will inform you at the time of ordering. All sizes and measurements are approximate, but we do try to make sure they are as accurate as possible. On the rare occasion when there is an error on the website, we will do our best to inform you at the time you order. Sometimes we may experience problems with the supply of certain items and may, therefore, provide a substitute of the same or better quality at the same price.
14. How we use your personal Information
15. Website Ordering
The information provided on theitem.tv website is intended to be used only by the customer. Theitem.tv does not authorise the use of such information for any purpose other than your use as an immediate consumer and prohibits the use of this information for commercial purposes. Our online registration process requires you to submit a password which you will need to access your account. You will be responsible for the security of this password. Theitem.tv will not be liable for any loss resulting from the misuse of your password. Orders placed on the internet shall not be accepted or binding upon theitem.tv until confirmed or acknowledged in writing by theitem.tv by means of invoice or statement confirming acceptance of your order or by dispatch of goods to you.
16. Modern slavery act
The item.TV and Training 2 CARE Group are fully compliant with the modern slavery act, in accordance with Section 54, Part 6 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and sets out the steps, its subsidiaries are taking with a view to ensuring that slavery and human trafficking is not taking place in theitem.tv supply chain or in any part of its business, The modern slavery act policy can be requested by e mailing: email@example.com.