Why not add:
The Imagination GYM is a 2 day training programme for Nurses, Care staff and activity co-ordinators working in Health and Social Care. The programme teaches delegates how to deliver effective activity workshops for people with cognitive impairment and dementia based on successful and proven Imagination GYM methodology.
The Imagination GYM is a person centred programme using a combination of
- Sensory and Imagination stimulation.
- Relaxation and Communication Skills.
- Music Therapy and Nature awareness.
The benefits to your clients
- Pleasant and engaging activity which residents will look forward to if delivered on a regular basis.
- Reduces stress.
- Helps with sleeping difficulties.
- Encourages social interaction and engagement.
- Non invasive and self paced to the needs and tastes of the individual.
- Can reduce pacing and agitation.
- Has demonstrated that it can help to reduce medication for some individuals.
- Can help to towards behavioural management.
- Cumulative positive effects over time.
Benefits to your organisation:
- A pleasant activity that staff enjoy delivering.
- Can improve communication between staff and residents.
- An interesting and relaxing workplace after activity delivery.
- Many organisations have arranged 'staff days' to improve teamwork.
- Time management improvements for staff.