Vest Weighted HugTHE ITEM CODE: SD061
Weighted Hug vests are made to calm and provide steady proprioceptive input.
The combined pressure and weight functions as a reassuring deep hug.
Made of neoprene, the vests are designed for comfort with soft mesh material on the sides to increase air flow and ventilation.
The stretchy neoprene provides soothing proprioceptive input and compression around the body, helping to calm and promote self regulation. The weight provides additional sensory input for those who need it. This vest is a good middle ground coming somewhere between our weighted jacket and deep pressure vest. It's lighter than the weighted jackets and does not give as much compression as the deep pressure vest, but falls nicely in between with a combination of the weighted and deep pressure.
- Provides proprioceptive feedback to help focus and self-regulate
- Hug-like compression encourages calm and feeling of security
- Supports kids and adults with ADHD, sensory integration disorder or autism
Weights are safely positioned in pockets inside the vest and can be added or removed. (Machine washable on cold wash when weights are removed).
The Hug vest includes 4 x 150g weights and 2 x 300g weights (total of 1200g)
- Small Age 3-6 Approx. 23-26" chest length 14"
- Medium Age 6-10 approx. 26-28" chest Length 15.5"
- Large Age 10-14 approx. 28-32" Chest Length 19"
Remove weights before washing
- Weighted jackets should only be used with the direction and advice of your occupational therapist or other suitably qualified person.
- It is recommended that the jacket weight does not exceed 5% of the users bodyweight unless recommended otherwise by your Occupational Therapist. Remove some of the waist weights if necessary but ensure weights are evenly distributed across the jacket.
- Use under supervision at all times
- Ensure that the jacket weight is appropriate for the user
- Do not use in conjunction with other weighted products
- Do not sleep in a weighted jacket
- Check for signs of wear & tear before and after use